Butoh Online Movement Course
by Nobonke ~ 'we|are|all|together|now'
out of the devastation following the atomic bombings
of Japan in 1945 ~ to dance pretty became obscene.
Covid-19 is an expression of a wider catastrophe
affecting the health of life on the planet.
Our response to this phenomenon may unfold as an
expression of courage, honesty and authentic humanity
guided by the Butoh aesthetic.
- respects energetically
- suspends humanity so all may live
- embodies crisis for future action
- affirms mentality through the Body
- embodies radical self-acceptance at this time
- is beyond strength or suppleness, resilience or balance
Butoh Online Register Now
|Times:||Fridays||16h00-18:00 CEST (South Africa)
Commencing May 1st 2020
|Sundays||10h00-12:00 CEST (South Africa)
Commencing May 3rd 2020
|Venue:||Zoom → with links to music|
|Time:||120 minutes per session|
|Fee:||R 100 (ZAR) / $ 10 (USD) / € 10 (EURO) / 9 £ (GBP) per session
You will receive verbal and visual guidance on movement and how to approach Butoh.
- Each month's series will investigate the subject ie the May subject will be COVID-19.
- Each session in that month will explore a different aspect/portal of that subject, ie the May series will explore our becoming at the time of COVID-19 at five different portals, five different contents will be explored.
- The Friday and Sunday sessions of one week will cover the same subject and portal.
- You choose to attend on Fridays or Sundays on a regular basis
Sign up for further information about the online interface, spatial set-up, attire and care.
Guidance and being witnessed transforms the mover.
writer | community gardener | mother | Butoh performance artist
|'Butoh Online' Schedule|
|Series Number||Theme||# of Sessions/Weeks||Enquiry||Dates|
|5||What is happening to your Body during Covid-19?||May|
|Two||Alternative futures||4||What futures will you embody within the possibilities of a Covid-19?||June|
|Three||Expanded sense of the present||5||What is your presence with Covid-19?||July|
|Four||Unknown, unpredictable, not yet done.||4||Are you creating sustainable knowledge now?||August|
|Five||Second nature||4||Embodied Covid-19: easy, comfortable, restful with your new depth?||September|
|Six||Domains beyond practice||4||Can your learning during Covid-19 become a basis for your new practices?||October|
| embodiment under crisis |
| irrespective of previous experience |
R 100 | $ 10 | € 10 | 9 £ per session
* Required Information
You are one extraordinary sharer of visions and I salute you.'